Andy Deemer‘s spent almost two decades at media and technology start-ups, and he’s learned as much from the failures as he has from the successes. He wondered if others felt the same, and it turns out they do. The Fail Diaries Podcast is where great startup CEOs and product managers talk about the mistakes they made, what they learned from those mistakes, and how — if! — they managed to turn the products around.
Andy’s start-ups and other companies include…
- Beats Music, Director of Partner Products / acquired by Apple
- Stormglass Games, VP, Product and Creative (Cofounder) / RIP
- China Publishing Group, Head of Product, World of Chinese
- GO24 Viral Media, COO (Cofounder) / RIP
- About.com, Senior Product Manager
- MP3.com, Director of Project Management
- GameSpot, Director of Project Management / acquired by ZDNet, acquired by CNET
- ZDNet Music, Product Owner / acquired by CNET
He lives in West LA with his wife Michelle, his darling daughter Henry, and a barking Pekingese-Shih Tzu named Chop Suey.
As a filmmaker, his underground hits as a writer, producer and/or director include Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (“Perfect” – The New York Times), Tromeo & Juliet (“Goofily exhilarating” – The New York Times), and Poultry in Motion: Truth is Stranger Than Chicken (“Honest and revealing” – MSN Movies).
As an author, his young-adult novels include The Stormglass Protocol / Stormglass. Angriff der Killerbienen (“Action-packed and fast-paced” – Publisher’s Weekly) and Stormglass 2: Tesla Threat / Stormglass. Das Tesla-Beben (“Undeniably entertaining” – Kirkus). His only photo novella, Pyongyang Too, was published in France by L’Association (“Un belle hommage” – Télérama). His book of travel essays AsiaObscura (“Phenomenal!” – Complex) was, for a time, Amazon’s top-selling guide to Mongolia.
This is his first podcast.